Box Office & Will Call
The Box Office, located near both entrances to the festival, will be open each day of the festival for Will Call pick up and ticket purchases (if still available).
EARLY WILL CALL:
- Sept. 20 – Sept. 22
- 12PM – 8PM
- Hartford HealthCare Amphitheater Box Office (500 Broad St.)
FESTIVAL WILL CALL:
- Sept. 24 – Sept. 25
- 11AM – 10PM
- Sound On Sound Box Office at Seaside Park (1 Barnum Dyke)
REMINDER: Please bring valid ID that matches the name on your ticket order for pickup.
Festival Dates & Hours
Saturday, September 24th – Sunday, September 25th, 2022
11:45am – 11:00pm, each day
Parking Lot Hours:
10:30am – Close, each day
Access & Accessibility
What to Bring
- Small, compact foldable chairs and blankets will be allowed at the festival! Additional seating will also be provided throughout the grounds. Please note that chairs will only be allowed in certain areas. See our chair policy.
- Valid Driver’s License, passport, or state ID for will-call, entry and/or to drink alcohol
- Non-professional film and digital cameras
- Great vibes
- Phone charging case or phone charger
- Comfortable shoes
- One (maybe two) jokes to tell a random festival goer
What NOT to Bring
- Weapons of ANY kind
- Illegal substances
- Outside food – A personal sized food item is allowed for those with specific dietary restrictions, with a doctor’s note only
- Large non-clear backpacks or suitcases. The only bags allowed into the festival are small CLEAR single compartment bags, no larger than 12”x 6”x 12” / small clutch-type bag, no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″ / one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar). See our bag policy.
- Large or hard sided coolers
- Picnic baskets
- Skateboards or personal motorized vehicles
- Large umbrellas (personal sized are okay)
- Hard back chairs / lawn furniture
- Totems made of wood, metal and/or PVC material will NOT be allowed (this includes flap poles and heavy sticks.) No totems taller than 6ft, and thicker than 1/2 inch. Must be made of light material.
- Pets (with the exception of service animals)
- Glass containers of any kind
- Alcohol (alcohol will be sold at the festival)
- Chains / chain wallets
- Bad vibes
- Selfie sticks
- Laser pointers
- Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, no tripods, big zooms, or commercial use rigs)
- Audio/video recording equipment
- Drones or hover cameras
- No illegal vending is permitted. No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed.
- CamelBaks are allowed into the festival, but they must be empty upon entry, and they must allow for the “bladder” to be removed from the bag for a visual inspection by security. Any Camelbak that has a “bladder” that can’t be removed from the carrier and/or is opaque enough to prevent a visual inspection will not be allowed into the event. See our bag policy.
Small, compact foldable chairs and blankets will be allowed at the festival! Additional seating will also be provided throughout the grounds. Please note that chairs will only be allowed in certain areas.
Lost & Found
Lost & Found at the festival is located at the Info Booth, or you can claim your lost item HERE (all found items are uploaded to in real time as we receive them).
Random Piece of Information
Seaside Park was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, the famous American Landscape architect who designed Central Park, Golden Gate Park, and Prospect Park, among many others.
See the set times here!
Cash & Credit Cards
Sound On Sound will be a fully cashless festival. Be sure to bring your credit card, or better yet sign up for the Sound On Sound Cashless program. Simply register for Sound On Sound Cashless when you activate your wristband, create a secure pin, and you will be able to make payments with your wristband. This will quicken lines and save everyone time. Plus, it’s the absolute most secure form of payment!
Food & Drinks
Delectable eats will be served around the festival grounds, and our carefully curated food lineup. Featuring popular local institutions and offerings unique to the festival, the food program has been designed to appeal to all tastes (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.), while also shining a light on the local Connecticut food scene.
Similar to food, the festival’s beverage program will be full of variety and quality. Craft beer and cocktails, top quality wines of all colors, and a bevy of non-alcoholic options will be available for purchase all throughout the festival site.
Check out the food & beverage lineup here!
Free Water Stations
Free Water Stations, presented by Yale New Haven Health Bridgeport Hospital, will be located throughout the grounds for you to use at your convenience.
Safety & Medical
There is nothing we care more about than your safety and well-being. As such, medical tents will be located throughout the festival grounds, and they will be clearly marked and visible from afar. Trained EMTs will be on-hand in these tents to address any and all medical incidents. Please don’t hesitate to stop by a medical tent – even if you just have a question. Note: anyone bringing prescription medication or a syringe for medical purposes (including epi-pens) will need to show your medication, prescription label and a photo ID at the festival entrance.
Please be informed that preventative health measures (e.g. proof of negative COVID-19 test or full COVID-19 vaccination, masks) may be required for this show, but are not currently in place. Details of any necessary measures will be communicated as early as possible and will be shared on the event/venue website and social media channels. If you have questions about vaccines or want to get a vaccine, please visit Vaccines.gov to find the nearest vaccine provider near you.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our artists and employees. You must follow all posted instructions while attending Sound on Sound. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending Sound on Sound, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Help keep each other healthy!
The festival is open to all ages. Children 5 years old and younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult. Strollers are allowed.
GA & GA+ ticket holders can enter & exit the festival once per day (no re-entry). VIP, Terrace VIP & Platinum ticket holders can enter & exit the festival multiple times.
- General information and questions about Sound On Sound:
- Email email@example.com
- Inquiries regarding purchased tickets and wristbands:
- Questions regarding our Access and Accessibility program at Sound On Sound:
- Become a Sound On Sound Sponsor:
- Become a Sound On Sound Food Vendor:
- Submit an Artist to perform:
- We don’t accept artists submissions for the festival, but thank you for your interest.
- Marketing & Media Partnerships:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press & Editorial Inquiries:
- For any questions related to press/media at the festival, contact email@example.com. The application for press credentials to Sound On Sound 2022 has closed.
Sound On Sound and Front Gate Tickets staff are ready before, after, and during the festival to answer any of the questions or concerns you might have. Please have patience – we receive a large number of emails each day and will answer questions in the order in which they are received.
Rain or Shine
The festival is a rain or shine event.
Getting to Sound On Sound
The festival is located in beautiful Seaside Park in Bridgeport, CT. See our festival map for the entrance location and event layout.
How To Get There
Seaside Park and Bridgeport, CT are extremely accessible, and the many ways of traveling to and from the festival are as follows:
- Cars/Parking: Seaside Park is accessible via I-95 and Routes 8/15/25. Parking is available at the festival but parking passes MUST be purchased. For info on parking passes, check out our GETTING HERE page or our TICKETS page.
- Metro North/Amtrak: Take the Metro North or Amtrak to/from Bridgeport, CT (the festival site is a 20 min walk from the station, and shuttles will be provided for a fee). Trains arrive and leave twice an hour.
- Ferry: The Port Jefferson Ferry stops in Bridgeport. Information on the ferry including times and tickets can be found here.
- Walking/Biking: Walking or biking to Seaside Park is very easy, and dedicated bike parking will be located near the East Entrance.
Travel & Lodging
Where To Stay
There are quite a few lodging options available in the area, and you can secure exclusive hotel rates at the best locations near the festival HERE.
Where to Fly/Train/Bus Into
Flying? There are a few airports that service the area: Sikorksy Memorial Airport, Tweed New Haven, Bradley International, and Waterbury-Oxford Airport.
Training it? You can take Metro North right to Bridgeport, CT, where you can walk or shuttle to the festival.
Before Buying Tickets
How Many Tickets Can I Buy? Is there a Limit?
Yes, there is an event ticket purchase limit of 6 tickets. This limit applies per person, per transaction, per credit card, per billing address, per email address, and other factors.
Any person or group that exceeds the ticket limit in any way is subject to and at risk of order cancellation and refunding at the discretion of Sound On Sound and its partners at any time after the initial purchase.
Is There a Layaway Plan for Tickets?
Layaway Plans are available for all ticket types. The layaway plan option can be selected during the transaction process. Please note that there is a minimum order total to be eligible for the plan. After the first installment, all subsequent installments will be charged automatically to the card given initially. Curious about your layaway plan payment schedule? Just check the bottom of your Front Gate email receipt for a refresher about your schedule and the amount that will be charged each date. This information is also available in your Front Gate account! For more information about the layaway plan, and existing orders on a payment plan, please contact our official ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets via support.frontgatetickets.com.
Do I Pay Full Price For My Child?
Children 5 years old and younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult. Strollers are allowed.
We now offer 100% Ticket Protection in the event that you cannot attend the festival for a valid, documented reason. The cost is a small percentage of the ticket price and can be added to your order during the purchase process. For additional information on ticket protection, please refer to Front Gate Tickets page or call 888.512.SHOW.
Craigslist, StubHub & Scalping
Some people think that buying a wristband via Craigslist, StubHub, or any broker site will save them some cash and allow them to access the festival. Unfortunately, many of these are either already used or are counterfeits. Once a wristband has changed hands from its original owner, there is nothing we can do to remedy any issues.
If you want 100% confidence, you must purchase your Tickets at www.soundonsoundct.com/tickets every single time.
Often times, fans will try to sell their wristbands to others if they cannot attend a certain day. Unfortunately, the removing of a wristband automatically voids it. Our security team will ensure that every wristband has not been tampered with. If caught, you will be escorted away from the festival grounds.
Sound On Sound is a rain or shine event.
Your ticket is for Sound On Sound Music Festival, not for a specific artist. Artists and schedule subject to change without notice. Artist cancellation is not grounds for a refund. The ticket is a revocable license for the time/date listed on the ticket.
“Management” means Bridgeport Music Festivals, LLC, and their affiliates. Management reserves the right without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission or to eject any person who fails to comply with the rules of the venue, local, state or federal law or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, or offensive by Management. Persons entering the facility are subject to search for contraband. Ticket user bears all risks of personal injury incidental to the event, whether occurring before, during or after the event. Ticket user bears all risks, including cancellation of the event and of inclement weather. The resale or attempted resale of the ticket for a price higher than that appearing on the ticket is prohibited and if discovered will result in the ticket being voided without refund. The ticket may not be used for advertising promotion (including contests and sweepstakes), or other trade purposes without the express written consent of Management. Ticket user consents to Management’s use of their image or likeness incidental to any video display, transmission, or recording of the event.
View the full legalese on our Legal & Privacy Page, as well as on our Terms & Conditions Page.
After Buying Tickets
Are Refunds Available?
Refunds will be available if Sound On Sound 2022 is cancelled or rescheduled. Please note that tickets must be purchased through our authorized ticket vendor, Front Gate Tickets.
I Need To Update My Shipping Address
You may have moved recently or would like your order shipped to a different address. Our friends at Front Gate Tickets can update your shipping address. Please contact them at support.frontgatetickets.com.
Wristband Shipment Info
If you have not received your wristband(s) 72 hours prior the start of the festival, please contact our ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets, at support.frontgatetickets.com.
Do I Have To Activate My Wristband?
We strongly encourage you to activate your wristband for Sound On Sound. Activate your wristband here. Wristband activation ensures a smooth process when entering the festival each day and makes sure that your investment remains yours. Once you have activated your wristband, you will have the option to register for Sound On Sound Cashless which adds quick and easy payments throughout the park. Whether you choose to do Sound On Sound Cashless or not, you will still need to activate your wristband.
Taking this simple action will secure your investment and make sure the unique ID associated with your wristband is tied to the right person. In the event you encounter any issues as you enter or exit the festival grounds, activated ticket-holders will receive quicker assistance.
Questions About An Order Already Placed
If you’ve already purchased your ticket and need to change your shipping address, want to know the status of your order, look up your order history, or have a general question about your order, please contact our official ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets via http://support.frontgatetickets.com or call 888.512.SHOW.
Refunds and/or exchanges are not allowed after a ticket is purchased.
Partners, Media & Press
This Year’s Festival Partners
Please visit our Partners Page for a complete list of festival partners and sponsorship contact information.
Become an Official Partner of Sound on Sound
Interested in being an official festival partner? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Press & Photo Inquiries
Marketing & Media Partnerships
For inquiries about marketing and media partnerships, please email email@example.com.